Reply To: Canine Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation edited by M. Christine Zink, DVM, PhD,

Home Forums Reviews Canine Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation edited by M. Christine Zink, DVM, PhD, Reply To: Canine Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation edited by M. Christine Zink, DVM, PhD,

Iris Maxfield
Participant

Hi Julie. This is not a review as such, Peak Performance Coaching the Canine Athlete is a more basic but informative
look at structure, locomotion, performance related injuries, basic pharmacology, some X ray images of bone disease and sport related injury.

I would imaginal Canine Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation to be for in depth study.
The paperback that I have is copyright 1997.

I remember it being the “in” book at the time among agility friends.
Its full of easily to digest information and advice for sports dog owner/handlers.
As a bonus it doesn’t cost an arm and a leg.

As with most books written over 20 years ago there will be things the author would no doubt like to update

Now isn’t that another subject?.

How hard it must be for any one that has educated with books, blogs, tapes and video’s 25 years or more ago, having progressed and move forward with science, knowing that somewhere out there in the world of YouTube, second hand book stalls or eBay, their work from the past is still circulating.

I thought about this only a week ago when a very old clip surfaced on YouTube, a very well respected trainer demonstrating how to deal with a dog reactive dog, I hope the clip gets removed, the trainer from then, is a different trainer now, but would no doubt still be judged by this.