A weekend of exploring, both deep and wide to areas where rocks are turned over, creativity is stretched, assumptions demolished and fresh paint applied. From “sit nicely” to drop on a sendaway ….
We may cover:
- active learning states relevant to changing the cue,
- blocking cue changes with building resilience,
- the broad brush of rewards instead of reinforcers,
- ethical questions that are often avoided for convenience,
- building learning fitness and exercise the learning skills,
- compounding behaviours with blended rewards,
- funnelling duration towards single outcomes
… or anything that gets the boat floating. (But we shall not be getting wet)
Participating with your dog
Participants for this weekend must be Training Geeks – happy to think and talk about training even when they are not training. Dogs suitable for participating should have a good range of behaviours on cues, be familiar with high level reinforcement, and comfortable working in room with other dogs. The workshop is limited to 8 participants.
Learning by Watching
You may attend as a spectator and your dog may attend if it is comfortable resting in the car during the workshop. You are likely to learn just as much as participants without the anxieties of participating. Use the coupon code “watch” at the checkout for a 40% spectator discount.